Monday, March 16, 2009

An Innocent Muslim

Recently I received a “tweet” from a person whom I admire greatly and have been following on Twitter. It went something like this - “who do you think are the ‘coolest Christians’?” The answers that came back from others who follow his tweets were interesting, but not surprising. However, a few of his own responses puzzled me – for this reason. Several of the people whom he considers to be “cool Christians,” I have difficulty giving the title Christian at all. They are people I consider “Bushians” not Christians. By supporting Bush, they encouraged the killing of innocent Muslims, the torture of prisoners of war, the devaluation of our currency to the detriment of our economy, and the destruction of our civil liberties for the sake of a war on an unnamed enemy - “terror.” One of the “cool Christians” mentioned on his list has been quoted as saying that there is “no such thing as an innocent Muslim.” I wish that I could introduce that person to the thousands of Iraqi children burned beyond recognition by “white phosphorus” and then see if he could tell me that there is no such thing as an innocent Muslim.

No comments: