Thursday, October 30, 2008

Warren Sapp - Pro-Bowl; Dancing With The Stars

I am not sure how to start this post. I am writing it because I was inspired by a performance of Warren Sapp. However, It was not Mr. Sapp's performance on the football field which did it. He is obviously one of the greatest talents the NFL has seen at defensive tackle. But what has simply amazed me almost beyond belief is Mr. Sapp's lightness and grace on the dance floor. I recently watched an episode of "Dancing With The Stars" at ABC Network's Online Player where Mr. Sapp and and his dance partner/trainer Kym Johnson performed the Viennese Waltz. It is difficult to express what exactly it was about their waltz by Warren Sapp that inspired me. Perhaps it is not so much "inspiration" as it is enlivening the feelings that I experience when dancing with my wife. Perhaps it is Mr. Sapp's dedication to performing to the best of his ability on this show. Perhaps it is the ability of a big man to appear as though he is floating across the dance floor. Or, perhaps it is simply the beauty and excellence of their performance. Whether one or a combination of these things, I was actually moved to a point that I found tears forming in my eyes while watching. Therefore, I would like to thank Warren Sapp and his dance partner, Kym Johnson, for what they have brought to the dance floor this season. Mr. Sapp has stepped outside his comfort zone to not only bring us some great entertainment, but moments that lift our hearts and encourage us to step "outside the box" and take risks in our own lives. 

No comments: