Sunday, October 26, 2008

ROKU - Customer Service Done Correctly

I am writing this blog in praise of ROKU and one of their employees, "Josh." (I don't think that is his real name.) Although Josh and his associates did not resolve my problem (I solved it on my own), I am very impressed at the lengths to which Josh and members of the technical department went in order to help me. The technical department followed up with a call when Josh said they would. After telling the technical department that I had found a solution, they did not simply close the case. They asked me specifically what I did and took note of it so that they could help others who might be experiencing the same difficulty. But, the story does not end there. Josh called the following day asking if the technical department had called and if my problem had been resolved. AMAZING!!!! Real people providing real customer service, taking ownership of the customer's problem as their own, holding themselves and others in the company accountable; this is what customer service is supposed to be. Thank you, Josh and ROKU! You have earned a loyal customer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had the EXACT OPPOSITE EXPERIENCE. Although the customer service people are EXTREMELY polite, they are completely ineffective.

I ordered one ROKU, but received two instead. They charged me twice and refuse to accept the second back - even though they admit it was a mistake on their end. Now, I'm in a dispute resolution over $100 and I'm not backing down.

Lon said...

Kenneth, I agree that your experience has been opposite of mine. I hope that Roku soon makes the correct decision and accepts you return and refunds the $100.