Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Technology Service Corporation is Becoming My Enemy

When Being Civil Does Not Work

So there is this company called Technology Service Corporation that appears to be a contractor or sub-contractor for the Defense Department...

They apparently have braniac engineers working for them, but they must not be all that intelligent. What is my evidence for such a statement? For the past 6 months or so, we have been receiving calls on our home phone during the hours of 3:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. from one of their computers or fax machines in Silver Spring, Maryland, attempting to send a fax. The first time it happened, no big deal right? I called the company and left a message with the receptionist that someone in their company had either programmed in a wrong fax number or was dialing it incorrectly. I politely requested that she follow-up on the situation for me and make sure that it was corrected. The problem persisted, so I called back to the company, each time somehow reaching a different person, and each time receiving assurance that the problem would be resolved. Ok, so, still no big deal right? Just order "selective call rejection" and program in the company's number. Eventually, they will realize that their faxes are not getting to the right place. Right? Wrong! It is now 6 months later. I thought by now I would be able to drop the Selective Call Rejection feature, but no such luck. These inept BOZOS are still trying to send a corporate fax to our home. What's my next step? Two things:

  • I am going to attempt to receive the fax and find out where it is supposed to be going. Next, I will call TSC one more time and tell them that I have received some important information from their company that was not intended for me and that I have tried many times asking them correct the situation. However, since they do not seem concerned with correcting their error, then the information that I am hoping to intercept must not be very important to them.
  • I am going to begin billing the company for the cost of the Selective Call Rejection feature so that they have to waste time and expense to have someone print out a check and send it to me. That alone will cost them more than what they will be sending to me.

It is no wonder that our government is trillions of dollars in debt. Companies like Technology Service Corporation are sitting on their fat profits (from you and me), not interested in hearing a word we say. If this is how they run the rest of their business, I am certain that we are not getting our money's worth from them.

No comments: