Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Does This Surprise Us?

Pentagon: Ex-Gitmo Detainees Resume Terror Acts

Uh… no kidding? You take a man from his family, friends, and country; accuse him of terrible acts; give him no trial, no access to a fair legal system; (in some cases – torture him); then you release him. What do you think he is going to do? I mean, seriously, if this happened to me – even if I had never committed an act of terrorism in my life – I would certainly be considering committing such an act after being released. We, along with the Israelis, are creating terrorists. We cage these men for years, show them no human dignity whatsoever and then expect them to what? – just let it pass? – forget it ever happened? That’s ridiculous!! It’s insane. Many of us in the United States were asking after 9/11, “why do they hate us?” Now we should be asking, “why shouldn’t they hate us?”

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: