Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jade Simmons - Talent To Spare

I believe that everyone has a talent for something. Sometimes we have to search for it. Sometimes it is immediately apparent. For most of us, we are gifted in a particular way and, hopefully, we work on perfecting our use of that gift to benefit others. However, there are a few people who seem to have had the "talent bucket" spilled upon them. Jade Simmons is one of those people. She is an exciting, inventive, superb pianist; an engaging, humorous, passionate speaker and educator; a diverse and energetic choreographer and percussionist; and a vibrant, inspiring designer and artist. I may have forgotten a talent or two. For this, I offer my sincere apologies to Ms. Simmons. The main point of this post, however, is not to heap praise upon her but to encourage you to see her. If she is coming to your area during her tour, don't miss her. No matter your age, she will entertain and amaze you with the talent she has so wonderfully honed and generously shares. If you are a young person who can take part in her master classes or hear her speak, do not cheat yourself by missing that opportunity. Connect in some way with Jade Simmons and you will come away a better person. And, if by chance you see this post, Ms. Simmons, Thank You, (again) for coming to Lewistown, PA! (from the guy who yelled out his van window in the high school parking lot)
Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

jade Simmons said...

Dear guy who yelled out of his van window in the high school parking lot,

People are going to think i paid you to write this post! But thank you anyway for your kind words. I can only hope I make an impact that lasts beyond the hour or two I'm on stage. So reading your words is encouragement to keep going when I'm exhausted and tired of the plane rides and the airport security lines. Thanks again. What you said was really special and I will treasure it for some time to come.

jade Simmons said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, though people are probably going to think i paid you to write that glowing "review". I can only hope that in each town I perform in I make lasting impact beyond my time on the stage. So for that reason your words give me the encouragement needed to carry on when the traveling is hectic and the airport security lines are ridiculous. Thanks again
jade simmons