Sunday, June 29, 2008

If You Vote McCain - You Vote For More War

Report: U.S. 'preparing the battlefield' in Iran

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/06/29/us.iran/

The Bush/McCain Administration wants war with Iran (reference the above link). If John McCain wins, you can put your money on the U.S. attacking Iran during his administration. If that happens, you can also bet that there will be another draft. Being that my son is 17, that puts him at grave risk of being drafted. Therefore, if you vote for McCain, you are MY ENEMY. If Bush can make anyone who is not for his war on Iraq an "enemy of the State," I can certainly consider anyone who puts my son in harm's way for the sake of oil profits an enemy of mine. You are either for my family or against my family. A vote for McCain puts you squarely against my family. If you have the gull to tell me that you support McCain, prepare to hear my wrath. I will NOT remain silent. I am so adamant about this issue that my wife has decided that we will not visit Monticello to witness the Naturalization Ceremony taking place there on July 4th, at which President George W. Bush will be speaking. Although it would be a great civics lesson for our children, my wife believes that it would be too much of a civics lesson for my children to see their father arrested for protesting Bush's violation of the Constitution - the same Constitution which the new citizens will be asked to obey and support. Therefore, we will be finding other ways to spend Independence Day together - ways that embrace the principles on which this country was founded and which keep me out of handcuffs.

No comments: