Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tip of the Iceberg on Chinese Goods

I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

Not even two weeks after the last recall, Mattel is now recalling nine million - 9,000,000!!! - more toys because of lead paint AND battery problems. I promise you that this is not over. I urge every consumer with a science and/or engineering background and every consumer research organization to check products coming from China for toxins and dangerous construction or defective parts. I will say it again. China has found a way to dump its garbage in the U.S. It is putting its garbage INTO the products that it is manufacturing for the U.S. market. What better way to keep lead from entering their atmosphere and water than to put it into paint that goes products headed for the U.S. If you receive catalogs from WalMart or any "wholesale" company that obtains a large percentage of its products from China, I strongly urge you to toss them into the trash where they belong. Our health and environment can only suffer by purchasing products from China.

No comments: